New Set Up For Offshore

Talisman

Hello all, im new to the boards and just looking for a bit of advice.

I am also new to offshore fishing, I have done a lot of beach fishing off perth, fishing in the hawksbury, and now we have a new boat we are looking to get all our gear for offshore. We have a perfect boat (well its beautiful anyway) with the arms and everything, but we are lacking gear.

Can anyone advise us on where would be a good spot to get the gear we need, and maybe what preference of brands you guys have (or is it personal? I like Abu Garcia and Shimano but if people have had bad experiences with them then I would think twice about getting them). We live in the north shore, but we can travel on weekends to get to a good store. We are looking for a big shop, our local is great, but I was wondering if there was a mega center or somewhere that you guys could recommend.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this,

Steve

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hi Talisman, a big :1welcomeani: to Fishraider.

We have excellent tackle shops as sponsors on this site, who also give FR members discounts on gear.

One of them, Watto's is having a Xmas BBQ at their store this Friday night if you want to come along.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=16234

I hope you find your time on Fishraider both rewarding and helpful.

Cheers,

Pete.

Mate when you say you want to do some offshore fishing exactly what sort of fishing are you looking at.

Eg...game fishing, Jigging, Botton Bashing for Snapper

The gear you use will vary for each type of fishing

Tony from Fishfinder will be able to look after your needs as he does stock Shimano gear, He has the whole range from Little bream gear to large Shimano Tiagra Reels for Game fishing.

Edited by netic

Wow thanks for all the responses, for offshore we are probably going to aim at light to mid tackle to start off with, not marlins etc (yet). I guess tuna, Kingys - that sort of stuff. Probably need a rod or 2 for bottom fishing as well.

I will read through the posts mentioned and see what I can find.

PS Thanks for the invite to friday