Botany Bay

domza

Family is on holidays now, so took advantage of it and went fishing after i saw the weather reports.

They predicted to be zero wind at around 5-6 and they were right. I have never seen the bay so flat.

Started of at a yakka spot and after about 40 mins had about 7 or 8. Very hard to get them in between the mado's, but using fresh mado pieces as bait sure did scare them away :1prop:

sent them down at the end of the oil wharf, watts reef, and very briefly at molineax point.

The wind picked up at around 10am, and it blew very hard, thats why we hardly got a fish at molineax point..

it was a 18-20km/h trip back to cooks, with a very uncomfortable ride due to waves coming side on with the boat.

Fishing wasn't all that bad, but i didn't get my king that ive been waiting 10 months for..

we got about 4 trevs, a flathead, 2 tailor, 1 flounder, a rock cod and shit loads of 25cm snapper. My brother also hooked onto a massive occy of 2kg+ :1yikes: The thing was so powerful, it could open the bucked lid with ease..

got back to the ramp, and only 2 other trailer in the carpark..now i know why people love week-day fishes :thumbup:

Also when anchored at cooks river bridge, saw a tinny cleaning some VERY nice KINGFISH. i think there was more then two and they were a nice size. Good to see them caught, but man was i jealous.

maybe next time

:1fishing1: