Quintrex - Ladder Issue

Tom Tom

Another Quintrex issue.

I have a 2003 4.6m tinny which didn't have a ladder when I first bought it. A few days ago I finally decided to buy one from a Quintrex dealer (I didn't want a generic one).

Guess what the new ladders for quintrex boats is 5mm to wide. What a pain in the A...s!!!!!!

2006 Qunitrex boats have brackets 5mm larger than the older models. Why does this company behave so badly, customer service my Ar..s!!

This needs to be said.

Edited by Tom Tom

Guest Big-Banana

Another Quintrex issue.

I have a 2003 4.6m tinny which didn't have a ladder when I first bought it. A few days ago I finally decided to buy one from a Quintrex dealer (I didn't want a generic one).

Guess what the new ladders for quintrex boats is 5mm to wide. What a pain in the A...s!!!!!!

2006 Qunitrex boats have brackets 5mm larger than the older models. Why does this company behave so badly, customer service my Ar..s!!

This needs to be said.

Another reason why I would stick clear of them, I had a conversation with a bloke at the ramp and he raved on about how bad they really were. Like anything else, theres the good and the bad.

have you tried to contact quintrex directly or did you just go to the dealer?

companies are meant to keep spare parts for there products for a certain amount of time - ie: 10 years.

I own a quintrex - and i love it!

Aron,

You got to be kidding, the facts a plain and simple.

I have 2003 Coast runner

I want to put a lader on it

I go to the dealer and ask for a Qunitrex ladder

I go home try to put it on and guess what, its to wide!!!

Reply from dealer, SORRY MATE.....

Aron, I'm glad you happy!!! :1badmood:

Tom Tom - it sounds like your problem is with the dealer, not with Quintrex.

He should have known that the mounts had changed and that the new ladders wouldn't fit an older boat. He should at the very least have given you your money back, and as Aron said it shouldn't be difficult for him to order in a ladder that fits.

Alternatively you could try the 'Swap & Sell' thread as there may well be a Raider with the appropriate ladder for a good price.

Aron,

You got to be kidding, the facts a plain and simple.

I have 2003 Coast runner

I want to put a lader on it

I go to the dealer and ask for a Qunitrex ladder

I go home try to put it on and guess what, its to wide!!!

Reply from dealer, SORRY MATE.....

Aron, I'm glad you happy!!! :1badmood:

Don't be sorry Tom Tom,

I brought some brake pads to fit my 2001 mercedes benz vito van, pull the wheels off go to put on the pads but they don't fit.

Aparently there are 2 different types of brake pads for the same make/model/year van :wacko: - repco did not know this - so i called the agent for mercedes vans and got the correct pads.

Designs change from year to year - do you think you can fit a 2006 fuel pump to a 2003 mercury motor.

And Tom Tom - you came on here to have a whinge - i tried to help you by telling you to contact quintrex directly - if your not happy with your quinny sell it and buy something else - one good thing with quintrex they hold there value well.

Good luck, and if you need telwater's details PM me