More Rat Kings!

brettm-c

Went out this mourning for a quick fish before the family head over for dinner,

left botany at about 6 and headed north looking for some surface activity, didn't see much until little bay where i found a small school of rats, cast trolled trough them for zip pulled and cast sluggos at them for nothing switched to a small slice and had the whole school on its tail!

hooked up to one that started really taking line thinking it might be a decent fish and only fishing 4kg line I went to tighten the drag a touch only to have the rod snap in my hands! the fish was still on but being braid I wanted to keep all of my fingers attached and so decided against hand lineing the fish in! reached for a glove but he was off bythe time I got it! :05:

Headed to coogee and threw the pick heaps on the sounder and after hooking a few wrase and parrot fish, I hooked another rat king, some of his mates followed him up and i had a number of small kings at the back of the boat that i was chucking squid to.

made my way back to botany keeping an eye out for some activity found a small school at maroubra had a few casts and hooked what felt like a nice fish worked him to the boat looked over the side to see a nice king that was foul hooked! In my hast I grabbed the leader instead of netting him only to watch the hooks pull and the fish swim off! :1badmood:

Just another day on the water

Brett

Yesterday i went out for a morning fish to find those kings and they did come out to play, trolled around botany heads to little bay and got some big bonitos till i found the rat kings. They loved the green Halco rattle lure.best fish was 55cm and good fun on light gear.

Guest Reel Addiction (Sea Jay)

Hey brett was just wondering what the weather conditions where like it was mean to be 3.0m+ out there on most of the weather sites that i monitor

Cheers

Iain

Hey brett was just wondering what the weather conditions where like it was mean to be 3.0m+ out there on most of the weather sites that i monitor

Cheers

Iain

Iain,

Seabreeze called it for around a meter that morning and they got pretty close. The chop was a bit annoying but I still managed around 17Knts to and from Long reef from the heads.

Cheers.

Robbie.