Two Stroke Oil

Lasty

It's just about time to add more oil to my oil injection tank and the dealer said that I should not mix brands of oils as I will get a build up of "sludge'. Is this true or is the dealer just trying to get me to buy his overpriced oil?

It's just about time to add more oil to my oil injection tank and the dealer said that I should not mix brands of oils as I will get a build up of "sludge'. Is this true or is the dealer just trying to get me to buy his overpriced oil?

Always use a Synthetic oil in your Outboards...All the manufacturers make one to suit,

As long as it meets the spec's your engine Mfg, puts out. The label on the oil can is irrelevant..

If you're fussy. Find out which oil co, makes the oil for your label motor, and use their oil...

I run a mMerc. Optimax.

Their oil. From them is $110 for 6 ltrs. I buy Caltex Same spec's for $120 a 20 ltr drum. Same oil, same spec's..

Motor don't know the difference.

I went to a coupla big Merc agent Workshops, while in States/Canada. Both said the same thing. Don't use Full Synth, for long trolling. and. As long as oil meets Spec's.. Name on label,is immaterial

I go by them.

Macka17