Botany Ramps And Weather Conditions

mattdan

Hi all,

I am planning to get out on the bay in the coming weeks. Just wanted to know what is your pick for ramps either cooks river or the one at Port Botany for ease of launch and retreive and also security as I hope it will be midweek.

I have only had my boat in the water twice since buying it so I am still learning the ropes so to speak. I have put it in at Morebank both times so far but it takes me an hour to get out to the bay from there so I wanted to put in closer to the bay itself.

Also what conditions would you call favourable? I was on a fishing tour out there a couple of weeks ago and the Nor Easter got up and made it very uncomfortable even on a 7 metre boat. So wanted to know what wind directions and speed should I be looking for being a newbie and still learning so as not to get into trouble.

Matty B

Matty,

Id prefer cooks over port botany, easier ramp and more secure.

If you managed to launch and retrieve your boat at moorebank, you shouldnt have any difficulties at either of the two ramps. Anothe nice ramp is Oatley, its best of both worlds. You can fish the bay is weather permits or head up river and your in the middle of both.

cheers

b