Broken Bay / Hawkesbury - Very Quiet

Evanwz

Howdy

Got out today with my 2 boys (8 and 11) for an awesome day of fishing and cruising the Hawkesbury from Juno up to Berowra.

Very little action and seemed to be the story from all other fishos I spoke with - a few small Bream and Flathead was the story of the day.

Fished Juno, around Dangar Island, Bar Point, Milson Island and everywhere in-between - nothing much caught and nothing kept but an awesome day to spend with my kids along with lunch at Berowra...

Out again tomorrow to get serious around Box Head, Barrenjoey and the drift in front of Palm Beach, always produces flathead (hopefully it will tomorrow)

Anywhere in Broken Bay or close'ish offshore producing fish at the moment?

Evan

I was off the northern tip of palm beach this morning (with about 500 other boats) for a few hours and it was quiet until about 8am then it picked up a bit, i boated a decent flatty, huge taylor and a couple of pan sized reddies. I also got smashed up big time on a floating pilly i had out, dont know what it was but i had no chane. On the way back I saw 3 trawlers doing their thing around the mouth of the river and that makes it hard work for the rest of us.

I saw a truly large shark just as i started to come in so i guess it might have quietened down about then.

Howdy

Got out today with my 2 boys (8 and 11) for an awesome day of fishing and cruising the Hawkesbury from Juno up to Berowra.

Very little action and seemed to be the story from all other fishos I spoke with - a few small Bream and Flathead was the story of the day.

Fished Juno, around Dangar Island, Bar Point, Milson Island and everywhere in-between - nothing much caught and nothing kept but an awesome day to spend with my kids along with lunch at Berowra...

Out again tomorrow to get serious around Box Head, Barrenjoey and the drift in front of Palm Beach, always produces flathead (hopefully it will tomorrow)

Anywhere in Broken Bay or close'ish offshore producing fish at the moment?

Evan

I fished the Hawkesbury yesterday from 3.00pm to 11.00pm. It was wind against a roaring current. couldn' get any livies but got quite a few bites. WA pillies got the most bites. Got 1 baby hammerhead, 1 Sand crab, 1 31cm flatty and 4 bloody big eels. Couldn't hold botton at flint and steel with my biggest lead. Nice night at the end though. :05: