The Rats Of Sydney

Robbielites

I was on my own to day and being crap at catching squid (my fishing partner out squids me 10-1) I headed for the Wedding Cakes for some Yakkas before heading outside.

I got a few straight away and put one out with a cable tie through his eyes and left some in the bucket. I burleyed up again and the yakka rig (4lb hand line and size 14 hook) takes off like crazy, finally get it in after dancing around the back of the boat for a while and its a Rat about 45cm. Out goes the rig again same thing. This happened about a dozen times before i got bored and moved on, but it sure was fun while it was happening. Got a couple of the little hooks pulled striaght which made me laugh..

Cheers.

Robbie.

Size 14 hook? How small is that? 4lb handline? How are your hands catching fish on 4lb handline. I'll stick to my Torsa. Cheers Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

My hands are fine my facial muscles were hurting though, :biggrin2:

You may be right about the hook size; I was using the smallest Mustad red baitholder that the local tackle store supplies, which could be a 12 or 10.

Either way I had a ball catching some feisty little buggars on light gear. I had a great day, I enjoyed it immensely! And would recommend every one else give it a shot, purely for shits and giggles.

Cheers.

Robbie