It Had To Happen Sooner Or Later

dodgem

Hi all, after countless attempts at trying to get some kings in the last two months using the same methods as last year(which worked really well last year), it finally came together yesterday and i got me some. Well im kind of relieved to hear that its not just me thats having trouble catching squid, couldnt get one to save my life. Lucky for me i had some squid heads and guts in the freezer and got some yakkas.

Anyway caught the bigger of the two king deep into middle harbour on squid gut and the smaller king downrigging with the yakka in the harbour proper. Its the first time i have got a king on the rigger and its an awesome sound when it releases. I only really want to know bait collection, can anyone reccomend anyone other then Mcgill or stick with him??

cheers david

Edited by Flightmanager

Well done on the kingies. . Like your boat is it a 460 coastrunner cv? I have a small quinnie tinnie and am considering an upgrade. What engine have ya and r u happy with it? Cheers Mate.

Edited by Flightmanager

thanks for all your your support, i absolutely love this site, i read it like the bible and i look forward to posting more reports and helping out where i can. now zenman, the boat is a 2004 455 coastrunner cv with a 60 4stroke yamaha. the boat has been good to me and typically suits the type of fishing i like to do. its not a real good outside boat because of how the nose dips when dealing with rougher waters. but i have been out to reefs and fads you just have to select your days and keep your wits. but if its fishing in the harbour, chasing kings, squid, jew etc, it seems almost perfect. the ride is a little back breaking but that dosent bother me too much, it all depends on your wants and needs. when i bought the the boat i ordered the most basic package with the best engine and then dropped the boat off at a fabricator to do the bait tank and underfloor storage, it was cheaper and much better quality and also it my design. id love to get a new canopy with front clears and storm covers i think that would top it off. (it rained the last two times ive been fishing). it is really well set up for what i like to do which is live baiting. but the funny thing is that even at this small size it has been a money pit, how can you put a price on catching those king!!!!

cheers dave

Hey Dave I think I have seen you around the harbour a few times. Just stop and say hello next time. Nice fish - good on ya!

That boat sure looks clean and neat. Mine is covered in grime and salt. Everytime I get it clean it turns into a squid ink covered mess with kingie blood and guts everywhere. Can't wait for the new year for my Noble. Cheers Kelvin

Edited by Flightmanager