Boat Not Sitting Up Correctly Ay Wot

vector101

hi, just recently my brother and i have bought a 4.2m horizon tinny with a 25 yamaha 4str on it (LS) the transom is also a long shaft, were having problems getting the bow to sit up at 75%-wot it feels like the the nose is ploughing through the water (it also feels like it with the amount of water coming into the boat), ive moved the fuel tank to back taken the floor out and raised the outboard as high as it will go on the transom (1 inch from the keel) and it still does it. the motor is trimmed second from the top any higher and it cavitates.

thannks for looking

try some hyro foils the one piece ones are the go

is it under powered i run a 40hp on my 4.2

max hp is 30 25 is recomended im getting around 22knts atm which i think is pretty good isnt it? whats yours getting?.

i dont really wanna try foils yet, ill save that as a last resort

thanks for the help

Guest johblow

Hey Caine, can you tell us a bit about the foils - how do you fit them etc etc. What sort of speed or fuel economy performance increase can you expect, if any? Thanks :biggrin2:

HI Mate

I have a differnet rig but the prop on my boat is @ least a foot below the hull, might b worth running past a boat mech or shop, can recommd on if u don't know one and ask for some free advise,

no expert but the motor seems to b mounted very high?

Jon

john ill start another thread

vector

my boat go's pritty hard, but i dont have a gps so i can tell you how fast, other than to say i dont need to go any faster

i just had a look at the horizon website and im guessing it might just be the shape of your boat

if you have tried different engine posistions (you wanna tilt your engine up a bit) and are still having problems then foils are the only thing i can think of