Spinning Around Emerald Beach

spic

Heading up to Emerald Beach (Coffs Harbour) next week with the clan for 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone could recommend any spots to throw some lures out. I went up last year and had a good time on the beach with the Whiting and Jew but I like to see if I could find some Tailor etc.

Many Thanks,

Spic

Edited by spic

Heading up to Emerald Beach (Coffs Harbour) next week with the clan for 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone could recommend any spots to throw some lures out. I went up last year and had a good time on the beach with the Whiting and Jew but I like to see if I could find some Tailor etc.

Many Thanks,

Spic

There has been some coming off sawtell and boambee beaches (just south of coffs) and if your staying north there has been some good whiting and a few tailor off moonee beach and korora headland near nautalis resort, hope this helps,

if you get the chance head off-shore to the lighthouse for some big kings, snapper and gt's, a nice sambo was caught near one of the reefs recently too, good luck and hope you bring something in.

Brenton

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the heads up and apologies for the late reply as I just got back.

The beach scene was real quiet on the 1st week very cold water but managed a few good sized Whiting and Tarwhine. The second week proved awsome as the water warmed up and I hit the ledge on the southern end of the beach tpwards little beach and picked up some nice Snapper and a Jew. Got 2 school Jew off Korora on 6" shads one afternoon. Best of all I was helping a guy who was beach launching his boat on the southern end and asked if I'd like to go out as all his mates exited for the holidays and needed a hand, I wasn't to say no. Had a great time as the run out to Black Rock is so short where we picked up livies and had a ball with the Kings and scored some nice Snapper as well as a few XOS Pearlies.

I really envy you guys you have so many options.

Cheers,

Vic