Fishing Dee Why Beach.

costello

Hi Raiders.

Was down South over Christmas and got stuck into some beach fishing which i really took a liking to.

Going to head out to Dee Why on Saturday and was just after any local knowledge and tips to get me started. Any info would be helpful.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by costa

Hi Raiders.

Was down South over Christmas and got stuck into some beach fishing which i really took a liking to.

Going to head out to Dee Why on Saturday and was just after any local knowledge and tips to get me started. Any info would be helpful.

Cheers,

Mark.

G'day Mark.

Try the centre of Dee Why beach at night for jewies. Use squid strips or mullet fillets on a falling tide and

you should get amongst 'em.

Also heard good reports of whiting during the day using blood worms.

Haven't been down for a while myself, just 2nd hand info.

Good fishing.

Pete.

G'day Mark.

Try the centre of Dee Why beach at night for jewies. Use squid strips or mullet fillets on a falling tide and

you should get amongst 'em.

Also heard good reports of whiting during the day using blood worms.

Haven't been down for a while myself, just 2nd hand info.

Good fishing.

Pete.

Thanks mate, i mainly want to chase Whiting for a feed, don't have a heavy outfit for Jewies at the moment.

Mark

Thanks mate, i mainly want to chase Whiting for a feed, don't have a heavy outfit for Jewies at the moment.

Mark

If the beach is no good for whiting, you might try Narra Lake in front of the caravan park for some.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hey,

I have fished Dee Why from 4-10 and had some great results. You should patrol the whole beach as too look for the gutters. The really good ones may not be in the centre of the beach. AT dusk, the Salmon, Trevally and bream are abundant. I have caught an 80cm Aussie Salmon, and the guys next to me have caught a heap of trevally and a few bream, with 2 salmon.

At night we had a shovelnose shark as well as two jewfish bites. We struck too early however. If you really want to learn how to get really good at it I would suggest going out with Alex Bellissimo. He is a great guide and will help you with techniques and beach fishing skills.

Hey,

I have fished Dee Why from 4-10 and had some great results. You should patrol the whole beach as too look for the gutters. The really good ones may not be in the centre of the beach. AT dusk, the Salmon, Trevally and bream are abundant. I have caught an 80cm Aussie Salmon, and the guys next to me have caught a heap of trevally and a few bream, with 2 salmon.

At night we had a shovelnose shark as well as two jewfish bites. We struck too early however. If you really want to learn how to get really good at it I would suggest going out with Alex Bellissimo. He is a great guide and will help you with techniques and beach fishing skills.

Cheers mate, i'm going to fish the morning rising tide and the start of the run out so hopefully i'll have some success.

Mark