Roseville Fishing

cooper

Being rather new to the area I was wondering if anyone know's whether it is worth chucking soft plastics around upriver from the Roseville bridge or is it better baitfishing after the rain?

Definately a great place to throw some plastics, but I think being relatively small area or catchment it can be hot or cold. Just when you think you have the fish sussed they change the rules. Be sure to post your results good or bad. Cheers Dave

i fished by boat there monday night..didn't get a touch and the water was blanketed by leaves.

I have got some very nice bream there before, landbased next to the big overhanging tube thing.

i usually get them around sunset on prawns or little pieces of squid.

never tried sps in the area but i bet it would pull in the bream

Definately a great place to throw some plastics, but I think being relatively small area or catchment it can be hot or cold. Just when you think you have the fish sussed they change the rules. Be sure to post your results good or bad. Cheers Dave

G'day Dave,

I went up there land based this arvo casting from various spots with 3 inch spuidgy shads and caught 2 small bream and a small tailor. Looks like an area that could be productive so will persevere more as time permits.

One interesting thing did happen which was a not entirely small bow wave followed a plastic I was retrieving weightless near the surface. I did not actually see any fish but I do wonder what might have been.

Cheers

Soren!