New To Nepean

domza

After seeing reports of all these bass in the nepean i want to give it a go.

firstly is this the best place to launch?

just under the motorway?

ramop1fv3.jpg

once i have launched which was do i go? what do i look for?.

do i fish on the drift or anchored?

and which kinds of lures should i be using? I will post a photo up of my freshwater lure collection when i get my cable back and could someone tell me which ones are the go for these bass?

is there a legal limit for bass and are they just sport fish or are they good on the table?

thanks guys, i know its a lot of questions but i am truely new to freshwater.

Hey Domza,

Go with Stewy's info and you should have a great time.

Just a few cents more. As for lures, Bass will eat anything when they want to, the problem is getting them to. I have been fishing the Nepean quite often lately and have found that it is not the colour but the action of the retrieve that is causing the hook ups.

One other thing I suggest you do is crush the barbs on the trebles, there are 1000's of aquarium Bass at the moment in the river. Using barb less trebles will keep you from alot of time wasting trying to get the little suckers off.

As for eating Bass from the river, personally I wouldn't. The only flow is coming from the Warragamba River and it isn't much, and there is some bad "mojo" in there.

Drifting is the go, however if you are getting pushed around by the water skiers then keep heading upstream. You will hit an 8 knot zone which keeps most of them out.

I'm just waiting till we get some serious rain and they open the dam :1prop::1prop: !!! Then the trout lures are coming out to play.

I love your map !! What program is it from ?

Cheers Stephen.

thanks for the replies guys, i will invest in some of those lures stewy.

im a little busy of the next few weeks, but i should get out there in February sometime.

the program i use is great and ALOT faster the whereis. Also has a boatramp option.

http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd_new/mapsearch.cgi

keep the info coming guys :thumbup:

:1fishing1:

Edited by domza

• 3 months later...

I always hear about warragamba dam having bream/flathead & things i wouldnt expect it to have in it ? Even though its illegal to fish and i dont plan on doing it , what species would be in there ?

as its freshwater i don't think flathead and bream will be living in it

however i think it would have fantastic fishing inside there. Species living in there would be trout, eels, and bass. probably others that i dont know about aswell

I always hear about warragamba dam having bream/flathead & things i wouldnt expect it to have in it ? Even though its illegal to fish and i dont plan on doing it , what species would be in there ?

Well thats a first for me Flathead/Bream at Warragamba! more likely some nice trout in the upper reaches. (Brotherinlaw of mine,has a workmate has some sort of access there its on his property) As for bass head up to your left from the boat ramp at tenches reserve, and mind the narrows a few large bolders there

Cheers Twoducks

Edited by twoducks