Debut Jewie (georges River)

brad

Gday guys,

On friday afternoon at work, i thought to myself, wouldnt mind having a beach fish tonight, so msgd my mate & told him to get the beach rods together. The thought didnt last long........ got rumour that a guy was catching jews in the river & jumped straight back on the phone & told him that plans had changed & i was putting the boat in. He didnt object!

Launched the boat about 6pm & headed straight to the spot. Got there & motored around for a few minutes until we found the hole on the sounder & a few fish sitting in it. Dropped the anchor, Rigged up & loaded the rods with fresh squid. Conditions were perfect. Moon was up, water was merky after the rains & tide was very slack.

Sat around for an hour or so & not much was happening. As soon as the sun dropped, there was surface action everywhere. 9pm came round & then rrtt......rrttt.....rrrtttt, then nothing. We both looked at eachother. About 3 minutes later rrrrrrrtttttttt....... my mates rod goes off & he's on. Straight away i've called jew. He's thinking sting ray, shark, eel........ after 2 or so short runs around the boat, his debut jew surfaced. Not as big as some of the specimens we've seen on here, but none the less, a jew. there were high fives & maybe even a hug. :yahoo:

It was the only fish caught for the night, even though we had about 3 more runs, but came up with nothing. It was a great way to start the new year.

It measured 75cm & weighed 5 kilo. Like i said, nothing to big, but when its your first, who cares.

Huntingforjewies :thumbup:post-2034-1168162588_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

great looking fish mate :thumbup: i fish in the georges river glad to see some jewies coming from it as ive been chassing them lately really want to catch me first jew fish i was fishing at that tom uglys bridge part of the georges river the other night (friday) everyone we spoke to said they didnt even get a bite i tossed on a live poddy mullet cast out set the drag really loose sat in me car within seconds seen the rod bend than tap franticly but nothing by the time i got to it lost me mullet to :mad3: sound like a jewie? i havent fished the geroges river in around 13 years i thought it went quiet so moved to the hawkesbury but now back to the local spot in the gerorges river shes going off with bream :thumbup:

Edited by gazza