Help To Fish Nambucca Heads

zen801

Hey Raiders,

Going to Nambucca heads next week and would love some feedback from any raiders who have fished there recently or know of best spots and any good charter operators for an off shore trip. Thanks people and tight lines with big fish at the end.

Hey Raiders,

Going to Nambucca heads next week and would love some feedback from any raiders who have fished there recently or know of best spots and any good charter operators for an off shore trip. Thanks people and tight lines with big fish at the end.

Zenman,

Sorry man i feel i have let you down, haven't been on any of the charters locally so i asked a few mates and none of them could reply (not even someone i know who is a decky, not even a self promotion). most around here will take you out to the fad, the light-house, shelf etc, go for cost and gear.

BJ

Hi Zenman i just came back from Nambucca ,as it is where im originally from . I beach launch from shelley beach.and just head NE till your in at least 45 to 50m.caught good pearlies,parrotfish,snapper up to 4kg.only about 5 to 8 mile out.water temp 24.7deg.Had couple of 6ft spanairds come and check the boat out but they didnt want to play.The bar there is very dangerous as it has sanded up pretty bad .what sort boat have you got ? otherwise there is a charter in coffs,a sharkcat of about 12m ,i personally know the skipper and decky, and plenty of fish have been caught. :thumbup:

Hi Zenman i just came back from Nambucca ,as it is where im originally from . I beach launch from shelley beach.and just head NE till your in at least 45 to 50m.caught good pearlies,parrotfish,snapper up to 4kg.only about 5 to 8 mile out.water temp 24.7deg.Had couple of 6ft spanairds come and check the boat out but they didnt want to play.The bar there is very dangerous as it has sanded up pretty bad .what sort boat have you got ? otherwise there is a charter in coffs,a sharkcat of about 12m ,i personally know the skipper and decky, and plenty of fish have been caught. :thumbup:

Thanks "Frantic" for the reply. Going to leave boat at home and just go for the beach and breakwall. Thanks for advise on Coffs charter as i will give that a go for off shore. Yeah the bar looks like a handfull and not going to take tinnie as more estuary suited and tralier needs work. I will try beach and breakwall for a jewie. Want to upsize from recent PB at Long Reef beach of an 8kg jew taken on a salmon fillet. I reckon the 'nam' is one of the most beautiful spots on the coast. Lucky for us our mates from Sydney have a place overlooking i think 'beilby beach"

Cheers mate and i will post a report once back