Yellowtails/yakkas

bmar560

Hi All,

haven't post here for a while.

Thinking of going out this saturday to the harbour for some king action.

I used to get livebaits from rosebay or clifton gardens just wondering if they're arround at the moment ? I just haven't been out fishing in months now.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mario

Hey mario, been at clifton gardens for the past few day and have not seen any yakkas over about 10cm..

Was a stack at balmoral thismorning though, the remaining wedding cake should be holding some though.

What do you mean 'remaining' wedding cake????

Yeah whats wrong with a 10cm Yakka.

10cm yakkas at Clifton.

Isn't that where some raiders and others have caught

some Kings this week?

What does that tell ya?

penguin

Edited by penguin

it does get to be a problem when you cant manage to get the yakka in

CFD

I agree, i pull the hooks on alot of yakkas when i use a hand line. i use a handline every now and then but when i use my bream outfit with a very light drag i boat every fish i hook.

Thanks for the info fellas..

GEeezzz I didn't even know one of the wedding cakes collapse :05::thumbdown::thumbdown: But I rarely fish the west one anyway.

I use minced beef for my yakkas and very small hook on a handline. From previous years the yakkas are usually out as the sun rises. 10 cm and less is a perfect "KINGIE CANDY" :thumbup:

Guest Big-Banana

I agree, i pull the hooks on alot of yakkas when i use a hand line. i use a handline every now and then but when i use my bream outfit with a very light drag i boat every fish i hook.

Ahh maybe thats why Iam losing a lot of Yakkas. Ill try a much looser drag setting and see how i go. Cheers.

Guest Big-Banana

Sabiki jigs do the trick for me, with a little artificial spray on the hooks, also paired up with a Sabiki bait rod.

I can now forget the days of jigs getting knoted and twisted.

:P

I gotta buy one of those! People are telling me they are a bit stiff though?

Sabiki jigs do the trick for me, with a little artificial spray on the hooks, also paired up with a Sabiki bait rod.

I can now forget the days of jigs getting knoted and twisted.

:P

Yep, they do the trick for me as well, as long as you don't hook yourself, those hooks are sharp as!

Mark

10cm yakkas= gumy bears!!! Love them to bits. Mario, just do what we usually do to chase them. The only problem is that you dun have me and Ali catching them for u. lol Good luck. Let me know how u do and I might need o head down and have a visit sooner than later mate.

Regards

Darryl

10cm yakkas= gumy bears!!! Love them to bits. Mario, just do what we usually do to chase them. The only problem is that you dun have me and Ali catching them for u. lol Good luck. Let me know how u do and I might need o head down and have a visit sooner than later mate.

Regards

Darryl

Mate I'm probably the worst out of you and Ali, but still better than my brother, the fact that none of you are around looks like I'm gonna have to do all the dirty work. :wacko:

Come down from the port and we shall re-live the good ol' days