South Coast Sojourn

kevvie

Hi Yall, just got back from a wicked trip down south. I always take an annual pilgrammage down to Conjola to visit friends and fish systems from the Shoalhaven down to the Clyde. This must surely rate as the east coasts most diverse fishing areas with many species and techniques in which to catch em.

This time round my mate Sean and i divised a plan to catch some monster lizards. Sean having local knowledge knew which systems to put us in and what lures to use. Interestingly enuf lures of choice do vary from area to area.

After a week of terrible weather, a day ruined by forgetting to put the bungs in (yes, we only found out after the boat was in the water; for half an hour), and a dedicated stint in the pubs, one must wonder when we had time to wet a line.

In two sessions we did manage to find the fish. We landed four fish over the 4kg mark, one over 5kgs and quite a few in the 55- 70cm range. To temp the big girls we were using 140mm Squidgy Wrigglers in Bloodworm and Silver Fox Colour. Other colours didn't raise an eyebrow. Other sp's like stickbaits and paddletails didn't produce the monsters even in the 6" size. Sure enuf local knowledge was right.

post-834-1168327987_thumb.jpg

post-834-1168328018_thumb.jpg

post-834-1168328131_thumb.jpg

post-834-1168328240_thumb.jpg

post-834-1168328634_thumb.jpg

post-834-1168328647_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevvie

nice work there kevvie.

still kicking arse with those SP's i see..

good effort lad well done..

steve :1fishing1:

Ha ha ha.... hi mate long time no speak. I have been lazy on my reports for a while now. But the important thing is i havent stopped fishing one bit. In fact i reckon im more dedicated now than ever.

Botany has been a bit patchy lately on the sp's. It gets like this every summer. I prefer autum in the bay. This time of year i prefer to travel to the central coast or the south coast for action.

Ill keep you posted.

Hi Fishon! in regards to your question bout location. We got most good fish outta Bewong Creek, Culburra and Conjola. We worked big lures specifically for them so it was a little slower than usual. But i guess thats the price you pay for quality. There were a heap of legal flatties around and we mustered up a feed in quick time everyday.