Hydraulic Brakes

Evets

Hi Guys,

After reading other posts about trailer maintenance I decided that I should check the trailer brakes.

I was horrified when I saw that the brake rotors were really, really rusty. The rust is about 2- 3 mm all over the rotor and I just don’t trust them to hold together much longer.

So, being the prudent guy I am I have decided to replace them.

However, upon visiting 2 brake shops and marine dealers I haven’t been able to find any replacement rotors :1badmood: . Spare parts places like repco and autoone cant help either :05: . I don’t seem to be able to find a listing for TINKA in the white pages and I have also called some disc brake manufacturers and they don’t have anything like what I am after :ranting2: . My searches over the net have also come up fruitless. :mad3:

An option would be to go to the wreckers and buy some disks and callipers and buy a new axle stub and weld it on with a new calliper mounting plate but Id rather just buy the rotors.....

Does anyone know where I might be able source some rotors :( ?

For your information the trailer is a 1981 tinka trailer and the rotor has a diameter of 217mm and from one side the disc to where the wheel bolts to the rotor is 95mm.

And help you could prove would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Evets

the rotors and pads are nearly all old holden. the cheapest way is to get them machined and get a get a set of pads from the auto shop cost about $50 if you need new rotors you can get them from supacheap they are $80 each plus pads

the rotors and pads are nearly all old holden. the cheapest way is to get them machined and get a get a set of pads from the auto shop cost about $50 if you need new rotors you can get them from supacheap they are $80 each plus pads

:dito:

You could also try Bias boating as they do carry some of that stuff i see in the cattledog

Also Sales trailers at Mortdale have fair amount of this type of stuff there in stock

i got the alko pads i think $30 for 4 pads. Which for me they are close to home and work.

See how it goes but look at getting the discs machined first my 2 cost $35 all up.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info.

I have spoken to carasel and they have the rotors but they are a bit far away (about a 3 hour return trip away).

I called BIAS today and they dont carry the rotors in thier product line. I called DBA and gave the sales guy the dimensions of the rotor and he told me thay dont have anything that matches my needs.

I would machine them but my dad (who is a fitter and turner) told me that the rust on the remainder of the hub is pretty bad and that he wouldnt tow my boat with them. The brake guy I took them to to see if he could source them said the same thing...

Supacheap have rotors but they are waaaayyy to big.

I know the rotors are early holden and I have scoured the net looking for which model but have come up blank.. Any one have any ideas as to which model they may have come off (or point me to the appropriate web page to look for my self) ? I would have thought that they were off something like a HK but apparently they are not.

Thanks again guys

Steve