Nepean 10/01/07

offtap1

Hi all never thought id be posting in this section but decided to give me old boat a run to check it out before i put up for sale and decided to grab a few bass lures from Wattos and hit the nepean, took whole family with spin sticks and travelled up river , i was skipper for the arvo and was just teaching kids and misses where to throw and what to look for even though i didnt know myself, wastnt long before my misses lure gets a follow then next cast shes on , stoked she was after that and couldnt pry the stick away from her the rest of arvo, next few casts and shes on again with 2 x landed and released with another 2 dropped, later it was (outdodad) Caiges turn to score a hit and landed one, all bass were tiny but great fun and a great experience for all. On way back down river gave a hello wave to Mr and Mrs Swordfisherman and also Wastin Time in his boat. Got back to ramp and pulled car up for BBQ and top feed to finish off an excellant Arvo. Will definately do it again , might even look into one of them special boats the experts have. :1prop: Cheers Dave

post-1870-1168426882_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1168426973_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1168426996_thumb.jpg

Edited by offtap1

Well,

This was the first time that I had fished fresh water and let me tell you I will be going back.

To start off with I didn't have much luck at all. I tried about 5 or 6 different lures and nothing seemed to be working.

Roy had caught about 3 or 4 smaller bass by the time that we saw Dave and his crew and we then started to fish back towards the ramp.

Stewie then offered me to try one of his lures and I was quickly onto a little eel.

At this stage it was getting late and we decided to head back to the ramp with me being the only one not to get a bass. On the way back Roy and I both decided that we would flick a couple of lures just down past the ramp as Stewie was still having too much fun up in the shallows.

I said to Roy as we pulled up "I will get one first cast here". When I told him that I was on on my first cast I think that he thought that I was pulling his leg.

Well that was it my first bass. :yahoo: I then got another 2 in the next 10 minutes.

We then saw Stewie, Donna and Peita coming back the the ramp and we decided to call it a day.

All in all a good 3 hours on the water.

we (2 mates and myself) were also out there yesterday morning. Out there around 7:45 with everyones first cast landing fish, with largest going around 25cm. Continued consistantly catching bass till about 9:30 till the bight slowed dramatically. Stopped for some brekky in rock section up the narrows and tossed out some worms whilst eating. Landed 3 eels, with the biggest close to 3 foot long. Pains in the bum though as they absolutely shred your leader.

The middle of the day saw the fish shutdown hence our hasty retreat. All fish caught on floating diving minnows bounced over the weed. Dark greens proving the winners in terms of colour, mind you all lures caught fish.

post-1909-1168470211_thumb.jpgpost-1909-1168470225_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stewie, Donna, Peita, Paul, Mitchell (little Rzep) & Ryan (little wastin time) for a great arvo up the river.

Dave good to catch up too, sorry couldnt join you at the BBQ but time wastin......hehehehe

Sorry to little Mitchell who lost his rod & Ryan for not giving you more fish to throw back in.

Here are a couple of pics from my phone.

I think Paul forgot to mention that i too got on just up from the ramp - bloody glory hunter!!!!