Landbased Fishing South Or Eastern Suburbs - Help Wanted

cuds01

Hello All,

A mate and I are looking to do a bit of land based fishing this weekend and we have not been out in awhile does anyone have any suggestions, we usually go around Dolls Point but did not get much last time just a couple of whiting. We usually fish in Southern suburbs but do venture out to Eastern suburbs.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

My advice is that until this cold current buggers off your best change landbased is salmon and tailor off the headlands. I would find a fishable headland, move to the wind-protected side, and cast ganged pillies either unweighted and slowly retrieved or on a patternoster rig. The northern headland at Malabar is pretty good for tailor.

Alternatively you could try the flats in the Hacking with nippers for whiting and bream - according to recent reports the Hacking is fishing OK (probably some warmer water still trapped in the estuaries and harbours).

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have fished rose bay wharf for good results and have seen guys catch some good stuff. Tailor and Salmon are around at times. The bream flathead and the trevally can also be good. Use prawns, anything (including the kings) down there will go for it. Cast out straight to the moorings or to the side. The bream under the wharf are alright too....