What Knot

tricks

I personally use a loop Knot on Flickbaits as there is no action built into the lure, there for relies on rod manipulation to impart action.

I feel a locked knot will only impead this action.

In light leaders (4-8lb) I tie a Uni tensioned short of the eye to form a loop. This knot will slide down under tention, but can often be teased open again, or just cut off and a new loop tied.

In heavier leaders I tie a Leftys loop

Dan

Guest danielinbyron

I don't think it makes to much difference but if you remember that the action is in the back of the plastic , unlike a bibbed hardbody , it would seem logical to me to have as direct contact as possible with the front , hence i tie mine down. I also think its more discreet as its hidden by the body .

I don't think it makes to much difference but if you remember that the action is in the back of the plastic , unlike a bibbed hardbody , it would seem logical to me to have as direct contact as possible with the front , hence i tie mine down. I also think its more discreet as its hidden by the body .

Correct.

having a knot that is tied directly to the jig head will allow you to put alot more action in the lure than a loop knot will.

this is especially important when fishing stickbaits (just my opinion but it makes sence to have direct contact to the lure)

Uni Knot is what i use but whatever knot you use normally will do fine