Fishing Canada Bay & Ic Land Based This Morning

Blood Knot

Fished Canada Bay this morning from 5 till 6.30. Pretty slow but managed 2 flatties (smallish) and Bream (about 29cm). Was using Gulp sandworms and getting short tailed by Taylor and toads.

Took a drive over to Iron Cove and again started out slow till I kicked off the joggers and got in the water. Caught about 10 fish between 7.30 - 9.00. (the usual suicidal flatties, couple about 45 -50) and the rest bream.

The Bream were hitting hard and were more interested in the traditional softies than the Gulps, most of the flatties and the Bream caught on Ecogear softies, either the Grass Minnow in flouro pink or 3" Paramax in colour 36 (whatever that is, some kind of Burgundy colour would be my call).

Certainly was a great morning for it and nice to have the bloody wind gone for a change.

Have added a Bream pic for those that have not seen one before :1prop:

Good fishing to all

John

For those about to point out the obvious. I put up the wrong pic, ( bloody red wine again I suspect) but it was one of this mornings f-heads. Apologies to all

John

post-99-1168767049_thumb.jpg

Good to see everybody out catching Bream and Flatties again :thumbup:

Like fishing IC as well, although like HC Bay it can get bloody windy :thumbdown:

One thing I have noticed lately about our humble flathead, once decide they like the look of your lure, the buggers just don't give up till its down their throat. If they miss on the first go just put your lure back into the same spot and your garanteed a hookup :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

One thing I have noticed lately about our humble flathead, once decide they like the look of your lure, the buggers just don't give up till its down their throat. If they miss on the first go just put your lure back into the same spot and your garanteed a hookup :thumbup:

Cheers

BM

:dito: that. Sometimes it might be due to working the lure too fast. It pays to slow down when casting back the same spot.

Btw, nice cr and nice ROD! :drool:

Cheers