Trolling Lures/skirts For Kings

wyldchyld01

Hey all,

Heard how much luck you guys (n gals) have in sydney with the kingies, would like to know what's your pref. Do you have a favourite colour (does it suit conditions like sp's). Is there a (brand of maybe) lure that you just wouldn't do without when going for these fish.

Thanks for your input, i'm looking to expand the bag and help the economy along lol

BJ

Hey all,

Heard how much luck you guys (n gals) have in sydney with the kingies, would like to know what's your pref. Do you have a favourite colour (does it suit conditions like sp's). Is there a (brand of maybe) lure that you just wouldn't do without when going for these fish.

Thanks for your input, i'm looking to expand the bag and help the economy along lol

BJ

Mate one of my favs would have to be the red/white cd-9........has got me many kings

Hey BJ,

These are my favourite skirts for kings (or anything else really!!!! :biggrin2: )

Black Magic Jet Heads. They're sold by one of our site sponsors Wattos fishing.

The first in the "Lumo" which is best used early on in the day.

The second is the "Burple" :wacko: which is used later in the day.

Both have caught me kings on the troll, as well as Bonito etc etc etc.

post-237-1168946042_thumb.jpg

post-237-1168946070_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Mate one of my favs would have to be the red/white cd-9........has got me many kings

I have had more hits on shiny divers similar to the cd-9 and cd-11. Trollcraft is the brand i usually use.

These bibbed minnows ALWAYS seem to outfish the varying skirts i fish alongside along the headlands.

Guest danielinbyron

I'm a halco laser pro 190 2 meter diver fan.. In shallower water near structure or headlands gold or king brown color .. in deeper water the old red head white body has produced big kings .. It also pays to have something blue if they're following but not bighting .."pilchard" .. but for the best fun I use rooster poppers in the above colors and spin into the areas ive hooked up usually around structure...I've noticed kingies seem to take things moving pretty fast.

I like the look of the kingy lollies that were posted on the site a while ago but have only used them hookless as teasers and have had follow ups .