Deepwater Fishing

kane

Hi Guys,

We are looking for an alvey side mount for the boat so we can fish for some Blue eye Cod and other fish of the deep. Can you guys offer some advice on what size , line , set ups and where you can get them reasonably priced ( i am aware they are expensive )

Regards

Kane

Guest IFishSick.

post-802-1169024029_thumb.jpg

Those are very similar to the weights I use. Got a very long rod of steel that's about 7 - 8cm thick and cut it at 40cm intervals provides a very heavy weight.

Although i don't do the same as you CFD, I also attach a heavy bottom bashing weight too. The purpose of this is when I get to the bottom I strike the rod to lose the bomb which has been tied on with string so I don't have to bring it all the way up.

And the bottom bashing weight will hopefully hold me down there for long enough to get a couple of fish.

Guest IFishSick.

Hasn't been a problem so far, I'd know if it fell off as the reel would start to stop spinning at the incredible rate it does. Got the steel for free anyhow so nothing is lost in the process. By how hard it is just to bring up bait from the depths after losing both weights I couldnt imagine bringing up 3 fish and a 3kg weight.