Cowan Creek

Burnsy

I was up at 4.30am and on my way for an early session. I made it as far as Lane Cove before working out that my polaroids were still at home. A quick U-Turn and that sorted out I put the boat in at ATB at 6.00am.

I was keen for a few Lizards and was trying a couple of new drop offs that looked good on the sounder. First Cast... and I am on. A 45cm Lizard that swallowed a 4 inch powerbait way down. Second cast... on again. Another 45cm job. Third cast... on again... yet another 45cm job. Now I am thinking about bagging out on Lizards before 6.30am.

It went quite on that drop off after that so I took off to find some boats to throw SP's at. Found a nice dirty hulled boat which by the look of it had a fair bit of water in the hull. First cast with a 2" Gulp Prawn got smashed. After a spirited fight a 30cm bream is in the boat. This fish swallowed the gulp so far down I could not even see it. On to the next boat. The gulp hits the water...smash on again. Smaller fish this time just over 25cm. How good is.... Third boat hull... smash... pulled the hooks... fish kept the gulp.

It is 7.00am The sun is starting to burn already and the cicadas are going ape. I have taken to carrying ear plugs when I fish Cowan Creek the Cicadas are so lound.

I fished a couple more drop offs for one more Lizard and hit some more boat hulls on the way back for one more Bream that I saw chase the gulp and smack it.

9.30 I am back at the ramp. Chaos reigns as the daytrippers are getting it all wrong and zig zagging all over the ramp.

When I was cleaning the Lizards, I noticed one of them had a really full stomach. Checking out the stomach contents it was full of some sort of crustacean that I have never sean before. They were a bit like little Balmain Bugs I have posted a picture on the Fish ID forum to see if anyone knows what they are.

I will try and post some photo's of the fish tomorrow once I load the Bluetooth software. I took the photo of the crustacean at home with my Nikon rather than the mobile phone.

Burnsy

The water was noticably warmer than last week and there was a fair amount more baitfish particularly around some of the fallen trees and timber on the edges. Funny, at about 8.30am the wind changed to a hot nor wester on the water and I thought shite... that is bush fire weather. Not sure if the fire made it to ATB or not.