Broken Bay

Wastin Time

Hi all,

After having some luck last weekend, my deckie wanted to hit the Hawkesbury (sorry for not attending the social) - so we thought we would stick our nose outside yesterday 21/1/07.

As we near Juno there's already a swell and I'm thinking we aint going much further today, but we persist - luckily as we get past F & S i see some birds on the water, but they were just goofing off, bu then i tell my mate to take the wheel as I've gottta get a lure on because about 500m in front of us the birds & water was going crazy. I make the call "the salmon are on" - huh what he says, trust me.

I have a hard body & told my mate to get some 6" stick baits out and start casting, so he did & here are the results

post-1909-1169409596_thumb.jpgpost-1909-1169409609_thumb.jpg

For curiosity we weighed one & it weighed 1.7Kgs clean - is this average size?

Top fun, top day, very swelly & very hot - was happy to get home for a cold :beersmile:

Edited by Wastin Time

Guest Big-Banana

You know the waters sh*thouse when its nearing the end of January and you catch Salmon!

Good work matey, a lot of blokes came back with nothing on the w/e.

did you catch them with your berkley jigstick & daiwa saltiga? (in photo)

nah that was my mate mucking around

No need to show off Wastin Time - some of us don't have time to work out!

Good on ya Mondo - i am a fine specimen of an athlete :074:

Nice work man. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with 5 salmon?? Maybe one for fish cakes but you'd get a few fish cakes out of 5.

Once again, good report. Keep them coming.

Davo

Nice work man. Just out of curiosity, what do you do with 5 salmon?? Maybe one for fish cakes but you'd get a few fish cakes out of 5.

Once again, good report. Keep them coming.

Davo

Sorry about the confusion.

I had 2 pics of the same 2 fish & the one my son is holding is 1 of the 2 - so only 2 fishies caught