Massive Tiger Sharks Close Our Beach At Old Bar

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Adding to the woes of Blistering NE winds that have been blowing incessantly for 2 weeks , thereby shutting down all fishing.

Now , for the Ist time in many years , we have had some enormous sharks , closing the beach to swimmers over the last week or so.

One witness observing the sharks from his 2nd story Unit with Navy binoculars , estimated one shark to be close to 16ft long , now that is big!!!!! .

A local chap I spoke to, who was fishing the Manning River one night last week in his boat , saw a massive swirl just 5 meters away close to shore , then watched in disbelief , as the ripple from the swirl , bobbed his 10 foot Tinnie rather violently for a few pulse racing seconds .

Fishing has been a disaster here over the School Holidays , with most of the Local legends using the down time to visit family elsewhere .

We have tried the lagoons on three occasions , for nil results , so all we can do is wait and see!.

Mick

G`day fellas ,

My contract reads as follows ...." I stay Outta the de water " , " They Stay offa de Land ".

I donta Messa wit dem , they donta messa wif me .

Works fine so far !.

Wonder how deep you would suck in a breath , if you were paddling up the Goon in a SEA KAYAK , and you had two shadows on the sand below , both around the 16 foot mark .....bbbbrrrr ????

I guess The Currents will persist for some time yet , had a link somewhere to check it out , but can`t find it.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

OWZAT,

Mate plenty of sharks on the Northern Beaches of Sydney at the moment.

Hard to pick up a jew as they turn up on the high tide as well and eat anything going.

We caught a nice size whaler the other night and let it go. Next time i'll take a camera.

Cheers