Fad Water Temps

Weasel

Weasel and I are planning a trip out there on Friday weather permitting.

Anyone else planning on going for a run? We haven't been out there before but with the miserable cold water in close we thought it was time to take a gallop. The trusty old Black Pig is now repowered with twin 300hp Yanmar's and ready for a run.

All thoughts and advice much appreciated!

Cheers

Pete

Robbie,

I have myself and 5 deckies lined up on Friday. There is plenty of room on the Pig but 6 fishermen could be interesting (chaotic). We are dead keen to go but have not ventured there before ( always doubted the previous motors) but now am very comfortable with the new donks. I intend to slip out a few afternoons this week and stock up on yakkas and will do a run to the fish markets for fresh squid if required. My team have suffered thru the very long year of no boat and are now "desperate" to get on to some fish.

I didn't make the social on Sunday because I was shattered after a zilch day on Sat and got hammered on Sat night. Didn't hit the water till 2pm Sunday (and caught sweet FA!)

Weather providing I have a VERY keen crew lined up for a big day on Friday.

Cheers

Pete

Robbie,

I have myself and 5 deckies lined up on Friday. There is plenty of room on the Pig but 6 fishermen could be interesting (chaotic). We are dead keen to go but have not ventured there before ( always doubted the previous motors) but now am very comfortable with the new donks. I intend to slip out a few afternoons this week and stock up on yakkas and will do a run to the fish markets for fresh squid if required. My team have suffered thru the very long year of no boat and are now "desperate" to get on to some fish.

I didn't make the social on Sunday because I was shattered after a zilch day on Sat and got hammered on Sat night. Didn't hit the water till 2pm Sunday (and caught sweet FA!)

Weather providing I have a VERY keen crew lined up for a big day on Friday.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete.

I am taking my boat on Friday, What I meant by sitting behind you was using the your boat to push through the water and I just slip stream and save some juice :)

Anyway, I will be heading out Friday if you want the company of another boat give me a yell.

Cheers.

Robbie.

Robbie,

I knew exactly what you meant. The mighty Pig is 35 feet of Noosa Cat ex Navy, solid as a rock!. You would be most welcome to get in the slipstream (and offer some words of wisdom along the way). I have a crew down from the bush who are busting to get out there! Most of us went chasing Marlin (successfully) with Ross Hunter in Port Stephens last year,.

Roll on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Pete

Hey Rob & Pete

I wouldn't mind tagging along as well - safety in numbers.

The last 3 fishing trips have ended with bugger all in the way of fish, so some local knowledge may help to get the :wife: off my back.

I put a post in the fishing trip section to see who was going out Friday, then saw this thread.

Cheers

Greg