Marlin Being Pests ?

bolan

Just caught up with Dad who lives at Brunswick heads. He and my Uncle are die-hard fishos and Dad always rings when he's on the water and hooked up- he just makes me sit there and listen whilst they yank a snapper or something big! I really do hate it but you just can't hang up! :wacko:

Now get this, They are all having problems with Marlin up there at the moment!

Not used to having the blacks in so close, they are gettin hit on pillie pieces arranged on a snapper rig whilst bottom bashing on the in close reefs. Its not that they don't like it, but they generally don't have the right rod and reel to do the job! :1yikes:

Dad and the Uncle are averaging 4 to 5 a week with the biggest around 60lb.- not including bust-ups.

It just makes you wonder what our waterways are actually doing at the moment, as Dad has never seen this before! :wacko:

Thanks for your report

a mate of mine who sails a bit likes to put a lure out when he is doing a yacht delivery. He isnt a fisho so you can imagine my amazement when he said he got six black marlin between Sydney and Southport a few years ago. He got them up to the transom and didn't know what to do!! Bizzare!!

Davo