Waiting On First Post

deepblue3

Well thanks for letting everyone know Deepblue, I was trying to keep this trip quite.

I took my son out yesteday it was a very late start "11.30" in at Oatley the wind was 20-25knts from the SE, I decided that it was to rough to take my son out through heads and also seeing it was the first run in the boat.

I could beleive the water temp in the Bay 17-18c, I did circles around channel markers around the Molinex area hoping to see bait but nothing abosulety dead, then went over to Watts mainly to get out of the wind and hopefully get something for my son not a touch, moved around for the next couple of hours for a few bites but nil fish Ahhh!

Decided to go into the river and I am not that familar with spots in the Georges but we continued my son was not willing to abandon this trip until he caught something which he finally did at around 5.00. See the picture he was happy.

The boat performed very well in the conditions the Lenco trim tabs were fantastic and Auto pilot is to die for, interestingly when I was heading across the Bay the sterring wheel came off in my hands "not a design feature", luckily I carry tools and was able to fit back on in short time, it appears the centre nut was never done up properly, not to happy and called dealer today.

Depending on the weather I am hoping to get out tomorrow.

post-2845-1169533118_thumb.jpg

Njsconst

Its a Barcrusher 640 with a 150 Yammie, after my trip yesterday it really performed well in the slop of a wind, for those that havent tried it they are very soft riding for Aluminium.

They are a nice boat.... but I want to stick with Fibreglass, call me old fashioned. I will definetly be going with a Yammie. They are awesome motors.

It’s good to see your first post and I can see that the weather and the fishing was not all that kind to you

But looks like you son enjoyed it

I am glad I have managed to encourage you to put the post on and think there should be more of you

Fellow raiders posting no matter how bad the day was , as this is what will keep the site running and growing

It’s good to see your first post and I can see that the weather and the fishing was not all that kind to you

But looks like you son enjoyed it

I am glad I have managed to encourage you to put the post on and think there should be more of you

Fellow raiders posting no matter how bad the day was , as this is what will keep the site running and growing

Dont worry Deepblue ,the Site is running very well and growing faster than any of us ever expected :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman