Botany 26th Jan

madmac

was on the water by 6am, headed out to molinaux point to get some livies, got 3 yakkas then headed over to the runway, berleyed hard for an hour and got nothing. had a drift over the bay for bugger all.

we then headed to watts reef and again berleyed hard, once the tide stopped running we picked up 2 legal snapper and 2 trevally. didnt get much else after that, just one reasonable size tailor. wasnt a great day, but at least we got a feed and it was the first time my mrs has ever caught a decent size fish

gday,i was at watts reef today.we got a mixed bag of bream and snapper,more snapper tho.BUT, today at watts reef i cought my first ever king :yahoo::yahoo: what a buzz.moments after releasing him i was onto my 2nd king.unfreakenbelivable.they were both almost aslong as my chopping board which i thought was 60cm,when i got home i measured the board and found it to be 70cm,so i rekon the king's were legal size.now i know what you guys are talking about with regards to kings :thumbup:

gday,i was at watts reef today.we got a mixed bag of bream and snapper,more snapper tho.BUT, today at watts reef i cought my first ever king :yahoo::yahoo: what a buzz.moments after releasing him i was onto my 2nd king.unfreakenbelivable.they were both almost aslong as my chopping board which i thought was 60cm,when i got home i measured the board and found it to be 70cm,so i rekon the king's were legal size.now i know what you guys are talking about with regards to kings :thumbup:

Good on you Fishlipps..That feeling of nailing your first kingy will stay with you forever..I know mine will.

A pity you chucked them back if they were legal as they are a great eating fish.

Good going getting a few reds too...Well done. :thumbup:

Can't wait until Sunday now to get back amongst those kingies.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hey Mate

Well done on the kingys pity about throwing back the legal 1's! :wacko:

If its any consolidation Ive done the same thing measuring a kingy against a knife or cutting board, an found out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jezzzz those kingys would have been legal,

But solong as you had a good 1 :1fishing1:

Dan an Greg

well done on the kingys fish lipps, i think i may have hooked one while i was there. i was floating peeled prawns down the berley on 3kg gear and hooked something that was big and fast. it ripped off about 50 metres of line before busting me off.

Nice Kingys Fishlipps.

Go the peeled prawns madmac :yahoo:

who says u need squid to catch Kings.

And by the way I dont know how some guys(and I

aint pointing fingers at anybody)go fishing without some sort of

fish measuring device or tape measure.

How do u know if that fish u have decided to keep is legal,

responsible fishos should have something,especialy if they are Raiders.

We have to be seen to be doing the right thing guys.

penguin

Edited by penguin