The Peak

Guest IFishSick.

Guest IFishSick.

Woke up at 5:00am this morning to find a slight drizzle, much better than all night where it poured down :1badmood: , and the weather was looking okay.

Got to the ramp at quater to 6 to find the ramp already half full, never seen it like this before so we braced ourselves for a crowded trip outside. On the stop over for livies we picked up a Pike and a Yakka in 10 minutes to add to the 6 mullet I caught up the road yesterday. With the Pike lasting 5 minutes in the tank it became strip bait.

The journey began with a very very bumpy ride through the heads which we shared with every single game boat in Sydney racing out wide for a fish. Stopped off at the BB FAD and drifted two mullet. Second drift saw both the mullet getting hooked along the rope (sitting 5m deep along the surface) and ended up losing 2 wind on leaders :ranting2:

Next stop the peak, in 4 drifts the one man, my dad, picked up a Snapper, 3 Leatheries and 2 Nannygai.

post-2529-1169810351_thumb.gif

Whilst finishing the last drift we got a whistle and wave from a nearby 5.5m tinny :15: Turns out these guys two brand new 90HP Evinrude E-Tecs won't start. With 3 hours on the bastards WHAT THE?

With no success starting them with connector cables gave the guys one of our batteries and left for another drift. This produced two good fish being lost to knot faliures. My dad never let me hear the end of it :wife: Went back to the guys and they had no luck so they asked us to tow them in.

Travelled along at snails pace for 9km when the guys managed to start the motors. They unhooked said thanks and raced off. Where's the free case of beer guys?

Edited by IFishSick.

Good on you for helping out those fellas. A pity they didn't thank you

in some other way, like a case of :beersmile: libation. I hope you got your battery back from them?

You should have given them the number of Sea Tow for the future.

Cheers,

Pete.

Guest IFishSick.

Yeah we took the battery off them for sure!

You would be pretty confident you wouldn't need Sea Tow with two brand new motors wouldn't you. Better to be safe than sorry.