Botany Bay 26/27.1.07

domza

Went out with james1990 yesterday afternoon and arrived at cooks river at about 5pm with very windy conditions. Saw some fella's in a nice new trophy at the ramp got a marlin, but thats not we were after this trip. After getting out of cooks river, we were surprised it was not choppy, but was still a very wet ride to molineax where we could hide from the wind..Didn't get many fish around there until the sun went down and there was lots of surface activity. Of course james had a lure ready and 3 rd cast he's onto a nice tailor. We got into tailor and pike all night until around 11pm where we made the move to captain cook bridge. We let out live baits, big fresh tailor and pike fillets but unfortunately no jews or flatties were around today :05:

jame's dad got little stingray which gave him a good fight on a light combo, and arthur (his neighbor) got an octopus and a eel.

When the sun started coming up, the game boats were out and on there way to start fishing the competition.

We followed them out and turned left at south head bound for merries reef to do some reef bottom bouncing.

The conditions were great outside and we saw sammy and CFD trying around the headlands for kings. Later they revealed they got smoked a couple of times by big ones and landed a nice bonito(shark bait :1yikes: ).

after a few hours of drifting over some reefs we got around 10 or so nice sand flatties which we will all enjoy for dinner tonight :thumbup:

It was a easy run back to ramp, conditions in the bay were beautiful. When we got back to ramp we noticed ALOT of boats coming in at the same time, and ofcourse the southerly had hit, exactly as predicted. When we went over the cooks river bridge we could see the bay full of white caps already.

around 20 hours on the water and im exhausted. Maybe next time we can get that 20kg jewy that i keep dreaming about :(

Yep i got a few photos at home, will put em up tommororow night.

DOM you forgot the biggest catch, whilst retreving our anchor in the shipping channel at mol point we caught another boats anchor that had got snagged, full lenght of chain, it was about 8kg's YAY FREE ANCHOR.

Yeh no big jewie once again but hopefully next trip out.

The tailor and pike were top fun at mol point and a challenge at that, the tailor and pike were taking any lure that hit the water then all of a sudden would not touch anything but pillys, we had tailor swimming around the boat no more than 2-3 meters away.

At the captain cook there was heaps of surface action with mullet, garfish and a few other little bait fish swimming around, there was also some BIG mullet cruising around.

We spoted a longtom behind the boat about 60-70cm long but he wouldnt take doms lure.

We were fishing right under the center of the bridge where the redlight is on the top of the bridge, we fished just on the boarder of the shadow.

cheers james

Great dedication there guys & well done on getting a feed.

Putting in the hours like that will see a big Jew hit the deck soon.

Cheers,

Grant.

Im hoping so :1prop: is mol point any good for jews?

Dom you said we turned left at south head, if we turned left we would have ended up at north head lol :05:

We turned right and headed south, all the flattys were caught in 55-100 feet of water

cheers james

Edited by james1990

I want to start spending more time out on the water like 2-3 days in a row but starting my senior years in school years 11 and 12 so have to study hard, also got to find a part time job.

i think im starting to get over sea sickness :1yikes: i felt really good today, i get sick sooooooo easy.

The best cure is to not think about it :074: iv tried everything else over the space of 4-5 years and not thinking about it works for me.

cheers james

I want to start spending more time out on the water like 2-3 days in a row but starting my senior years in school years 11 and 12 so have to study hard, also got to find a part time job.

i think im starting to get over sea sickness :1yikes: i felt really good today, i get sick sooooooo easy.

The best cure is to not think about it :074: iv tried everything else over the space of 4-5 years and not thinking about it works for me.

cheers james

I think its having me on board , im working as good luck :074: