Squidgy Resin Heads

Guest dicko1

just wondering if any one has used the squidgy resin heads before. I find with the flick baits when i use them the lure just spirals heaps rather than performing the darting action. Also with the 'bug' on a resin head it tends to spiral a bit until it reaches the surface and even then continues to spiral every once in a while. I have been connecting with a locked half blood knot but was thinking maybe a loop knot would be better? Anyone had the same experience as im getting hectic line twists!

Dicko, I don't use the resin heads a lot, but I'd suggest that the problem might be that your leader may be rather thick, and the tag end of the blood knot may be putting the incredibly lightly-weighted lure off balance as you're retrieving it. Maybe try downsizing your leader and attaching the jighead with a uni knot.

Flattieman.

Dicko, I don't use the resin heads a lot, but I'd suggest that the problem might be that your leader may be rather thick, and the tag end of the blood knot may be putting the incredibly lightly-weighted lure off balance as you're retrieving it. Maybe try downsizing your leader and attaching the jighead with a uni knot.

Flattieman.

oh ok, i have been using 8lb flourocarbon maybe i will have to downsize to 4lb.... I'l give it a go and change the knot as well. Thanks for the tips i'l let you know how it goes!