Lake Illawarra

fishingmik

the kayak was in the water at 700 thought i would go to the eastern side of the bridge and throw some soft plastics around 5th cast nice flatty 37cm comes on board kept throwing around sps for another hour 3 more flattys to 40cm were caught and released so i thought i would try my luck on some bream peddled over to the other side of the bridge with rod in hand trolling got smashed by something (scared the crap out of me first time ive hooked up troling ) what ever it was took about 20mtrs of line and gone ah well proceeded to i likely looking bream spot up along the shore were some branches were hanging in the water so i anchored up and started berlying up with bread not 1 touch in an hour bugger this i thought so back to flatty spot ended up getting 3 more flattys 1 went 50 cm all released to fight another day back at the ramp at 1100 nice morning on the lake

dont no if its just me but cant get to many bream out of the lake yet any tips would be gratefully appreciated

cheers mik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-3389-1170060063_thumb.jpg

Hi Mik ,head down to the Macquarie Rivulet and you should get plenty of bream in there :biggrin2:

We have done exceptionally well in there at times and it will suit your yak as it is only very shallow in places.

Cheers Stewy

Hi Mik ,head down to the Macquarie Rivulet and you should get plenty of bream in there :biggrin2:

We have done exceptionally well in there at times and it will suit your yak as it is only very shallow in places.

Cheers Stewy

cheers stewy i have heard a bit about the rivulet but never fished only had the kayak a few months might have to give it a go in there

what do you catch them on lures or bait ?

cheers mik