Plate Size Bream

marcel haber

Greetings fellow fish raiders, I have been a silent veiwer to this website and am now totally hooked.

I was introduced to fishing as a child and I know understand that to be a good fisho I must put in the time.

Like most of you, fishing time is scarce and I look forward to the times I can spare a few hours to take my boat and my twin brother out onto the harbour.

Are their any good sized bream in our harbour to be caught?

We have only come across tonnes of throw back pinkies, do these fish grow to plate size bream or what?

We launch our boat from tunks park and would like some advise on reliable breaming spots and techniques.

Tight lines and happy fishing.

Marcel (twin No 1) :1fishing1::1clap:

Marcel, if you go to the Gladesville brigde and look South on the Eastern shore (confused yet?) you will see there is a Marina there. Under this Marina are some brute Bream, I used to catch them there all the time on peeled prawns. Good luck.

Morning guys,

Been an observer on this site for a while now, and i gota say its a great meeting point for ideas and info - well done :D.

Regarding plate size bream twin, the harbour is packed with em! You can honestly catch a good handful at or near any marina/structure in the harbour - especially after a bit of rain..i do my fishing in the harbour between the bridge and the heads, i dont do much fishing inside the harbour bridge in the parra river, but my mates catch thumper breams on sp's there, especially @ Gladesville.

If you're going out on the boat, try anywhere around sow n pigs through to the wedding cake.

Regarding techniques, i use a really small sinker which some people might find unorthodox, and i berley up alot of pilchard cubes. i cut em at around 1.5cm a piece for the hook...

Good luck, u might get urself a kingie running through the berley too :D

ive caught quite a few good Bream around sow ans pigs reef, i like to anchor at the eastern end of it and fish the bottom of the tide, berley withbread, wheat and any oild fish scraps. the drift a peeled hawksbury prawn down the berley trail with no sinker. this method is very effective, and you will also catch trevally, snapper and kings with this method. i usually use 3-4kg gear. hope this helps

Morning guys,

Been an observer on this site for a while now, and i gota say its a great meeting point for ideas and info - well done :D.

Regarding plate size bream twin, the harbour is packed with em! You can honestly catch a good handful at or near any marina/structure in the harbour - especially after a bit of rain..i do my fishing in the harbour between the bridge and the heads, i dont do much fishing inside the harbour bridge in the parra river, but my mates catch thumper breams on sp's there, especially @ Gladesville.

If you're going out on the boat, try anywhere around sow n pigs through to the wedding cake.

Regarding techniques, i use a really small sinker which some people might find unorthodox, and i berley up alot of pilchard cubes. i cut em at around 1.5cm a piece for the hook...

Good luck, u might get urself a kingie running through the berley too :D

Welcome to the site bro !!!

Ali is my partner in crime at cliftons, there's a bird and corner named after him :tease:

Mate there are thumper Bream to be had in the harbour. I personally would not eat anything caught on the Gladesville side of the Harbour Bridge. I find anchoring on a drop off in about 10 meters of water (need a depth sounder) burleying and casting into the deeper water gets me a couple of legals almost everytime.

Cheers,

Mark

Haha,

thanks Mario, good to see you on here :D...yeah Mario n myself go way back at cliffies.

lol @ the duck..havent seen him in a while thank God. I think he's copped enough hooks to make him steer clear from the wharf lol. mario has a corner named after him too lol. my corners better but.

Greetings fellow fish raiders, I have been a silent veiwer to this website and am now totally hooked.

I was introduced to fishing as a child and I know understand that to be a good fisho I must put in the time.

Like most of you, fishing time is scarce and I look forward to the times I can spare a few hours to take my boat and my twin brother out onto the harbour.

Are their any good sized bream in our harbour to be caught?

We have only come across tonnes of throw back pinkies, do these fish grow to plate size bream or what?

We launch our boat from tunks park and would like some advise on reliable breaming spots and techniques.

Tight lines and happy fishing.

Marcel (twin No 1) :1fishing1::1clap:

:1welcomeani:

Welcome to the sight bro. There are some good bream in the harbour to be caught especially around high tide in sugar loaf bay and washaway beach. Youll find the bream up close to the rocks and sand, feeding on oysters and beach worms. Light line and small to no sinker works best. Good luck and "know" should be now and "advise" should be advice. :tease:

i personally don,t know no area in the harbour

but for techniques i use a trace that is about 1-2m depending on where and how the fish are biting.

By the way Welcome To Fishraider

Thankyou jonno for the feed back

ive caught quite a few good Bream around sow ans pigs reef, i like to anchor at the eastern end of it and fish the bottom of the tide, berley withbread, wheat and any oild fish scraps. the drift a peeled hawksbury prawn down the berley trail with no sinker. this method is very effective, and you will also catch trevally, snapper and kings with this method. i usually use 3-4kg gear. hope this helps

thanks mate , will give it a go next time. :1fishing1:

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to the site marcel..twin

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to the site marcel..twin 1 this site u will find more and more bout fishing the members are so helpful, keep on the hunt for those thumper bream they are there.....maybe come out with me on my boat 1 day....Tight Lines All

Regards

Craig :tease:

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to the site marcel..twin

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to the site marcel..twin 1 this site u will find more and more bout fishing the members are so helpful, keep on the hunt for those thumper bream they are there.....maybe come out with me on my boat 1 day....Tight Lines All

Regards

Craig :tease:

thankyou craig, ray and I will take you up on that boat ride, im sure we can learn lots from one another.

weren't the toxic bream caught last year (which triggered the ban in pro fishing in the harbour) at Balmoral? A bream would have to swim past sow and pigs to get to balmoral from homebush, the reported source of all evil.

has another study been performed which cleared bream as safe to eat?

how do you guys decide where it's safe to take bream for the dinner plate?

Edited by choad

Try Bantry Bay in Middle Harbour for Bream,

we usualy get a feed there.

And it is recomended that u only eat up to 150gr

of Bream per month out of Syd Harbour.

Im sure some Bream would have less dioxins than

other Bream,they cant all have visited Homebush Bay,

penguin