Going On A Charter

my03

a friend has invited me to go on his relative's fishing charter tomorrow, i think its a pretty basic charter, not really aimmed for the more advanced fisherman (even though im not one myself). i think it's just going to be a bottom bashing sesion on the reefs.

and i was wondering... would my sp bream/bass outfit be any useful out there? can i flick plastics on the reef? whats the technique? and what plastics and jighead will i need to use?

Also with bottom bashing, are there any preferred jigs and bait?

thanks guys!

a friend has invited me to go on his relative's fishing charter tomorrow, i think its a pretty basic charter, not really aimmed for the more advanced fisherman (even though im not one myself). i think it's just going to be a bottom bashing sesion on the reefs.

and i was wondering... would my sp bream/bass outfit be any useful out there? can i flick plastics on the reef? whats the technique? and what plastics and jighead will i need to use?

Also with bottom bashing, are there any preferred jigs and bait?

thanks guys!

Mate I'd use their gear for the bottom bashing I would only use the bream / bass gear if you happened across a school of sambos on the surface, then it's a case of matching what they're feeding on (SPs, metal slices etc in an appropriate size). Having said that, personally I'd probably leave my gear at home.

Good luck! Post a report when you get back.