Best Boat For Around And Under 10k

Dolmo

Hi,

Lookign into getting a boat, i saw some of the hornet trophy boats and similar...whats the best type of boat to get?

I could grab an engine and put it on an old tinny otherwise, which may be the go...not to sure.

G'day Dolmo ,

I think the first question you need to ask is :" What do I want the boat for?" Fishing , cruising , skiing etc .

If you want it for fishing , where would you be most likely to use it? Rivers , bays , outside ? A 12'tinny is no good for going outside , and a 6M boat is going to have trouble in very shallow river water !

Next , what is your preferred material? Aluminium, Fibreglass , timber , poly?

Then , once you have narrowed your choices down a bit , you need to look at brands . Stessco , Quintrex , Haines Hunter and so on .

Hope this helps a bit !

Ross

Guest IFishSick.

I would have to say go with the Aluminium boat at around 4m in length.

For the bay a fibreglass boat isn't needed because the ride is already easy in the Port Hacking.

Although slightly more expensive an inflatable boat could be an option.

Having a 13ft Quicksilver with 15hp Johnson and like you operating in the Port Hacking, I couldn't be more happier with the performance and most of all the stability which is a must when fishing.

Proven as a Surf Rescue boat so no worries with the breakers in the bay and abosolutly flies when the water is like a mill pond - she's an allrouder

As mentioned above inflatable's are usually more expensive than traditional hull materials but they require less power therefore saving more money on a lower power option!

Take away the conception they're a tender and need to be inflated all the time and before/after use. Bigger ones like mine are great on skid trailers and the ones with rigid hulls have deep v hull performance with the stability of an inflatable.

Sorry for pouring my heart out but I'm a passionate inflatable man!!!!!!!

Good Luck with the choices - there are soooo many!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

NOt trying to sell you my boat, but why don't you buy my boat :) ?

It's 4.5 Aluminium, 50HP mercury! It's a nice boat to start off with! It's an L's boat! It has an old hull but has been completely restored, carpeted, painted etc! It's under 10k too :)

Buy now and I will throw in a free anhor :P 2004 Mercury frogot to state!

• 2 weeks later...

NOt trying to sell you my boat, but why don't you buy my boat :) ?

It's 4.5 Aluminium, 50HP mercury! It's a nice boat to start off with! It's an L's boat! It has an old hull but has been completely restored, carpeted, painted etc! It's under 10k too :)

Buy now and I will throw in a free anhor :P 2004 Mercury frogot to state!

Hey Loco,

Tell me more about your boat.

I guess for a start, where is it and how much do you really want for it ?

What make/model and year is it ?