Carp In Sydney

FletcherG1991

Where in Sydney can i catch carp ? i have been trying in Lane Cove for a while now for no luck.

i was thinking maybe parrammater dam (or whatever its called) is this any good ? and what other species can i find in there ? are they easy to get there and will they take a fly ?anywhere else worth a shot ?

Cheers,

Fletcher

Edited by FletcherG1991

Where in Sydney can i catch carp ? i have been trying in Lane Cove for a while now for no luck.

i was thinking maybe parrammater dam (or whatever its called) is this any good ? and what other species can i find in there ? are they easy to get there and will they take a fly ?anywhere else worth a shot ?

Cheers,

Fletcher

There is Parramatta Lake.....but i have never seen anyone go fishing in there

There is the Weir at Parramatta River - between the Ferry & the park......but i drove past there this week and it looks like council have drained it....i think council are trying to get rid of carp.

see details here

There is the Weir at Parramatta River - between the Ferry & the park......but i drove past there this week and it looks like council have drained it....i think council are trying to get rid of carp.

see details here

Toongabbie Creek has quite a lot of large carp in it too if you are willing to travel upstream from the Para River

see details here

The water between the ferry and the park use to have some really good sized carp before they drained it. However they are carp still to be caught above the weir and in Parra dam.

The best way to get carp is to berley up for a while with bread and fish very light 2-6lb with a size 6-8 hook ( i prefer the green mustad sneck hooks. ) With no weight.

If the carp start feeding on the surface it can be exciting fishing get some bread crust out amongst the feeding carp and you'll hook up

One thing I've noticed with carp (and bream) is they tend to follow ducks. If you get ducks in the berley the carp should follow shortly