Back In The Water, At Last!

KINGvirgin

Well folks i have been out of action for a long time due to varying circumstances, mainly work, cricket and serious injury, so when i got a day off i jumped at the chance to go fishing again.

The initial plan was for myself and a mate to go down to our spot near Kiama, but we ended up with a motley crew of 5 including 2 fishing first timers... this presented a slight problem as i only had 3 rods.

The signs were good early when i felt a familiar smash and heard my reel scream.... the salmon on the other end had the newbies in raptures with its leo barry leaps but unfortunately he spat the hook. After i decided a bit of coaching was on the cards and the delight on the newbies faces when they hooked up was a real highlight, and boy were they proud as punch upon landing their first fish- 1 was a small PJ shark and the other was an annoying rockfish. throughout the course of the day we came amongst more PJ Sharks and numerous other times we lost many other decent fish which i can only put down to the new hooks i had purchased, with the end nearing and no fish in the keeper net i set out to break the drought , rigging up with an old hook i cast out into my area.... minutes later ZZZZZZZZZZZZ the fish put up a good fight early which told me it was a good'un but with no leaps or bustin runs it left me wondering what it could possibly be ... seconds later i saw the flash of silver and called it for a bream, which it was and it measured a healthy 33cm , with the crew getting tired and restless i decided to call it a day even though deep down i was still itching to get back in the water, so i cleaned the fish and packed up and away we went.

it was a real buzz gettin some new people into the water and of course gettin back after a long break certainly wetted my appetite, so hopefully you'll be seeing a bit more of me lately...

Hope all raiders had a good holiday period, and all the best for 2007.\

Its great to be back on here!

Cheers :1fishing1:

Ian

Well folks i have been out of action for a long time due to varying circumstances, mainly work, cricket and serious injury, so when i got a day off i jumped at the chance to go fishing again.

The initial plan was for myself and a mate to go down to our spot near Kiama, but we ended up with a motley crew of 5 including 2 fishing first timers... this presented a slight problem as i only had 3 rods.

The signs were good early when i felt a familiar smash and heard my reel scream.... the salmon on the other end had the newbies in raptures with its leo barry leaps but unfortunately he spat the hook. After i decided a bit of coaching was on the cards and the delight on the newbies faces when they hooked up was a real highlight, and boy were they proud as punch upon landing their first fish- 1 was a small PJ shark and the other was an annoying rockfish. throughout the course of the day we came amongst more PJ Sharks and numerous other times we lost many other decent fish which i can only put down to the new hooks i had purchased, with the end nearing and no fish in the keeper net i set out to break the drought , rigging up with an old hook i cast out into my area.... minutes later ZZZZZZZZZZZZ the fish put up a good fight early which told me it was a good'un but with no leaps or bustin runs it left me wondering what it could possibly be ... seconds later i saw the flash of silver and called it for a bream, which it was and it measured a healthy 33cm , with the crew getting tired and restless i decided to call it a day even though deep down i was still itching to get back in the water, so i cleaned the fish and packed up and away we went.

it was a real buzz gettin some new people into the water and of course gettin back after a long break certainly wetted my appetite, so hopefully you'll be seeing a bit more of me lately...

Hope all raiders had a good holiday period, and all the best for 2007.\

Its great to be back on here!

Cheers :1fishing1:

Ian

Good to have you back Ian. So glad you put some smiles on dials today with the newbies.

Pity the big fish didn't want to play too much today though.

Hope you are back and ready to get back into some serious fishing..Remember..there are plenty of Kingies about at present and you may have to change your handle if you get onto one.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

Good to have you back Ian. So glad you put some smiles on dials today with the newbies.

Pity the big fish didn't want to play too much today though.

Hope you are back and ready to get back into some serious fishing..Remember..there are plenty of Kingies about at present and you may have to change your handle if you get onto one.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thanks pete its great to be back!

I am more than willing to get in on those kingies, if anyone is willing to become my new saviour and help me get some i would be very appreciative as i have some time free coming in the next few weeks!