Hawkesbury Bass

Burnsy

With all the posts from the Bass boys I decided to slip the gear in for a planned day trip with the family sking on the Hawkesbury near Windsor.

Middle of the day Saturday the river was more like the F3 Freeway with ski boats roaring around all over the joint. I nicked off for a quick session throwing spinnerbaits at some structure. To my absolute delight I was rewarded after 15mins with an excellent 35cm fat healthy bass that darted out from under an overhanging legde at scoffed my spinnerbait. The fish was in excellent condition, although had signs of a previous human encounter with an old scar on its mouth. I figured if I could pull a bass in the middle of the day with boats roaring around I had to come back for an early session.

4.30am this morning I put the boat in the water at a little ramp down near Pitt Town and worked the edges with a Cicada pattern fizzer. I could see a lot of surface action and it did not take long before my fizzer dissapeared in a boil of water. Bass No. 2 for the weekend, a bit smaller than the first was in the boat.

I had a couple more strikes after that, but as soon as the sun showed itself the fish shutdown. I had one more strike on a spinnerbait at about 6.30am and was home by 7.30am.

Great to see there is bass up there even with all boat traffic. I can't wait to get up there again for an evening session.

I have a couple of photos that I will post if someone can reply and tell me how to insert them.

Burnsy

Edited by Burnsy