Box Head

chrisg

hi all

Well after some months of not being on the water Sunday mornings forcast was to good to miss so off I head at 4.30am, keen after reading all the old fishing mags lying around. After picking up some livies (took far to long as usual) I went for a troll up and around and along Box head for zip. Nothing to shout about on the sounder either. Demoralised i went back to Little Box for some squid...don't know why never caught them there and still zip...so i headed out into the bay for a drift and a coffee. Zip again and it was getting busy on the water so why waste the day and I headed back.

As i headed back down the channel I cross the sandbar dropoff and figure why not...a dead yakka and a livey left. So a fillet goes out and within 5 minutes a 70cm+ lizard is in the net.. 2.3kg. Ok so there's flatties..so the last remaining livey goes out and gets nailed as soon as it hits the bottom...70cm+..2.6kg and real angry..never had a flattie fight so hard. So one fillet left..one more drift and another 70cm 2kg.

Not wanting to push my luck and out of bait i kept going on to the ramp. One Last Cast Syndrome paid off...for once!

Cheers

Chris

Ps I called the plump bigger two for girls and these were happily sent on their way after a nice relaxing swim by the boat...the thiner smaller one i called for a boy. Enough said. ;)

hi all

Well after some months of not being on the water Sunday mornings forcast was to good to miss so off I head at 4.30am, keen after reading all the old fishing mags lying around. After picking up some livies (took far to long as usual) I went for a troll up and around and along Box head for zip. Nothing to shout about on the sounder either. Demoralised i went back to Little Box for some squid...don't know why never caught them there and still zip...so i headed out into the bay for a drift and a coffee. Zip again and it was getting busy on the water so why waste the day and I headed back.

As i headed back down the channel I cross the sandbar dropoff and figure why not...a dead yakka and a livey left. So a fillet goes out and within 5 minutes a 70cm+ lizard is in the net.. 2.3kg. Ok so there's flatties..so the last remaining livey goes out and gets nailed as soon as it hits the bottom...70cm+..2.6kg and real angry..never had a flattie fight so hard. So one fillet left..one more drift and another 70cm 2kg.

Not wanting to push my luck and out of bait i kept going on to the ramp. One Last Cast Syndrome paid off...for once!

Cheers

Chris

Ps I called the plump bigger two for girls and these were happily sent on their way after a nice relaxing swim by the boat...the thiner smaller one i called for a boy. Enough said. ;)

Like they say Chris the days not over to its over! Never say die! Top catch mate. Cheers Ray