Ultralight Spinning Rod.

wrasseman

Hi all,

After snapping my little trout rod the other day, I'm now in the market for a replacement. Before ordering a new one of the same (international order and I'd rather buy locally) I thought I'd see if anyone could recomend an alternative.

I'm after an ultralight spinning rod of 5'6" or less (ideally under 5') line strength should be around 1-4lb and casting wieghts up to 7g ideally. Any sugguestions???

Cheers

Col.

Seriously... (and I recieve nothing for saying so)...

give tony a call at Fishfinder Bait and Tackle (Fishfinder Tony on the site...look under sponsors)...

Was there yesterday...he has a huge range of light rods.... and there are so many to choose from... and it all comes down to personal preference.... 1 piece/two piece, length.. feel etc....

worth a trip over...

Rodger

Seriously... (and I recieve nothing for saying so)...

give tony a call at Fishfinder Bait and Tackle (Fishfinder Tony on the site...look under sponsors)...

Was there yesterday...he has a huge range of light rods.... and there are so many to choose from... and it all comes down to personal preference.... 1 piece/two piece, length.. feel etc....

worth a trip over...

Rodger

Bit of a drive for me I'm afraid as I live in Tassie...

Hi all,

After snapping my little trout rod the other day, I'm now in the market for a replacement. Before ordering a new one of the same (international order and I'd rather buy locally) I thought I'd see if anyone could recomend an alternative.

I'm after an ultralight spinning rod of 5'6" or less (ideally under 5') line strength should be around 1-4lb and casting wieghts up to 7g ideally. Any sugguestions???

Cheers

Col.

Hi Wrasseman,

the only thing off the shelf that isn't rediculous in price is the Shimano T-curve tournament spin XL 2 piece

i would also recommend something from the Team Daiwa tournament series, they make some ultra light finesse rods for unweighted plastics and lights hb's

otherwise, talk to Tony at fishfinder tackle about one of his UL Pro team rods, something you can have made to your exact specs and shipped down ready to fish.

Edited by Sammy0884

only one rod for me col, Black Diamond Trout Stalker ultra sweet ultra light stick. :1prop:

Yep, the black diamonds certainly are nice rods, I'm an especially big fan of the tiny butts on the clear cut ranges. Unfortunately their rods are still on the long side for what I want and if spending that sort of cash I want it to be closer to ideal.

Cheers

col.