New Deepwater Jig Outfits

Ian Cook

This is my first post, so a big hello to all and I thought I'd start of by getting opinions on the latest outfits I've purchased to get into deepwater jigging.

The first is a Jigwrex 526S PE6 Spin model married up with a Spheros 14000FA which has been suped up with Stella Handle, extra main gear bearing and carbonex drag and a matching spare spool. I'll be running 80lb Sufix Herculine and YGK Jigman X PE6 braid over it.

The other outfit which I've had for a while but have yet to use is a Toruim 16 matched to a Pioneer Tuna Striker 6'3 30-50lb jig stick and running 50lb Sufix braid on it.

I am actually getting the chance to christen them on the 18th of Feb out off Sydney, so hopefully the kings will be obliging.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

Let me be the first to welcome you onboard Ian.

Other than that there isn't much I can say re your post lol, I have a niggly concern re line capacity on the Spheros as well as the strength of the Jigwrex spin rod. But I haven't used the reel so don't put too much into what I say and you have suped it up but hey I jig with 30pnd line and like to give the fish a chance.

Good luck on the 18th, Here's to flat seas and hungry fish

Brenton

Let me be the first to welcome you onboard Ian.

Other than that there isn't much I can say re your post lol, I have a niggly concern re line capacity on the Spheros as well as the strength of the Jigwrex spin rod. But I haven't used the reel so don't put too much into what I say and you have suped it up but hey I jig with 30pnd line and like to give the fish a chance.

Good luck on the 18th, Here's to flat seas and hungry fish

Brenton

Hi Brenton,

Thanks for the welcome. I gave both outfits quite a bit of thought and loaded both rods up fully in the stores that I purchased them from and had the owner's hanging on for dear life and if they did't break there and then, so a fish shouldn't be an issue I hope.

The spheros seems to be a very popular choice particulary in WA with the Sambo brigade and that was one of the deciding factors other than spending a stack and buying a Stella or Saltiga.....but that's definately down the track a bit though.

Cheers,

Ian