Flattie Session

Guest dicko1

Hey everyone,

Thought id go out for a crack at my first kingie today (again), got out to the boat mooring and what should happen once again? Boat wont start! Becoming the story of my life! Guess that im destined not to catch a kingy this season! After reading namesay's post today i am super pissed off i missed out! Oh well, called for a change in tactics, decided to go for a flattie spin instead this arvo as the tide was coming in. Went to one of my local flats and started chucking around my fav lure, squidgie wriggler #3 in bloodworm, 3rd cast got a lovely 40cm flattie that fought better then any other flattie I have caught on 4lb line! Shredded the 4lb leader too. Anyways, kept going for another hour for 2 more 35cm models and as I turned to wade home (I was waste deep) I stood bang on top of a good sized ray, i dunno how i didnt get stung!! So not a bad day in the end!

Edited by dicko1

Hey everyone,

Thought id go out for a crack at my first kingie today (again), got out to the boat mooring and what should happen once again? Boat wont start! Becoming the story of my life! Guess that im destined not to catch a kingy this season! After reading namesay's post today i am super pissed off i missed out! Oh well, called for a change in tactics, decided to go for a flattie spin instead this arvo as the tide was coming in. Went to one of my local flats and started chucking around my fav lure, squidgie wriggler #3 in bloodworm, 3rd cast got a lovely 40cm flattie that fought better then any other flattie I have caught on 4lb line! Shredded the 4lb leader too. Anyways, kept going for another hour for 2 more 35cm models and as I turned to wade home (I was waste deep) I stood bang on top of a good sized ray, i dunno how i didnt get stung!! So not a bad day in the end!

good catch mate, a few hours fishing is better than a days work! :1prop: