Narra Lake

mrmoshe

My doctor finally said I can now fish after having exhaustive testing of every organ,artery,vein..you name it.

They all came back with good reports thankfully. :thumbup:

So, not waiting for any second thoughts from the Doc. I headed down for a session at my favourite hole at Narra Lake hoping to latch onto a few nice flatties.

Spent 3 hours there and not a sign of a flattie anywhere.

The water was very dirty after the big rain and lots of rubbish and debris in the water.

After about an hour catching loads of small throwback bream...school after school of the smallest tailor I have ever seen came through. They were all about 4 inches in length. I was hoping perhaps their parents were in the school as well, but no luck.

I must have caught over 50 of these little blighters before giving it away as you just couldn't keep a bait in the water more than 2 seconds before these hungry little buggers would descend on it.

They must have bred in the lake recently, or come in a big school from outside.

The lake entrance is now starting to close rapidly with all the sand they dredged 8 weeks ago now piling up near the entrance. What a waste of taxpayers money that exercise was. They really have to find some sort of permanent solution to keep this lake open and stop wasting money mechanically opening it every so often.

So in the end, I came home fishless but enjoyed the hell out of being back fishing again. It sure beats being in hospital.

Hope to get back into some serious fishing from now on.

Cheers,

Pete.