Hawkesbury

MGibbo

Went for a quick Friday night fish down the hawkesbury at Brooklyn tonight. Picked up a pizza on the way and enjoyed dinner on the water as we cast our lines out. Had two really great fish on but with pizza's in one hand and trying to reel in with the other failed to successfully land whatever it was in the boat. My 7 year old had an awesome weight on his rod but lost it just before the top.

Next two bites were a Port Jackson Shark and a undersized jew - gave a bit of a buzz though. After that not a thing - not even a nibble, so we decided to head home and try again another day as the kids were well and truly past it.

Got to say the moon and stars were awesome on the water tonight - give me that atmosphere any day/night.

Cheers Marg

Sounds like a great night Marg , we really should be making the most of these warm nights !!!

Ross

Would loved to have stayed out for the change of the next tide - I'm looking forward to going out again during the week without kids even though I do love encouraging them to get into fishing, if the fish aren't biting their enjoyment doesn't last for long. With all these undersided jews around the Hawkesbury, surely we have to strike pot luck soon. I wonder how long it takes a jew to grow to a decent size as they are such a beautiful looking fish and feel great to reel in.

Nice report Gibbo, especially the bit where you thank me for looking after your kid.

Here are you , out there on a beaut night, and i'm at a sleep over with 3 young girls and 3 young boys.

Educating them as to how many feet per second a 243 hollow tip travels was not my ultimate bed time story!

(I think I scared the girls more than the boys!)

Laugh it up kiddo,

Stumpster

Nice report Gibbo, especially the bit where you thank me for looking after your kid.

Here are you , out there on a beaut night, and i'm at a sleep over with 3 young girls and 3 young boys.

Educating them as to how many feet per second a 243 hollow tip travels was not my ultimate bed time story!

(I think I scared the girls more than the boys!)

Laugh it up kiddo,

Stumpster

Ah Stumpster - you make me laugh! Master aren't you happy that your student is out practicing your words of wisdom!!! Thanks for looking after my boy. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE 2ND!