Beach Fishing Central Coast?

mcownage

Does any one know of any good beach spots here on the central coast I live in Gosford ive been out quite a few times with nothing to show for it had a good day the other day with some samon at the entrance but was hoping someone knew of some other good spots what time of the day and what tide is best. Any thing will do im new to the beach fishing thing but i do like it. I wouldnt mind landing a monster dewey.

Hi K1ngf1sher. I often holiday on the Central Coast. The good news is that you can catch salmon off practically every beach up the coast! For jewies, the most well-known area is North Entrance beach - there's always reports of jewies being caught off there. Attendees of our Fishraider Entrance social in April will be fishing the beach then - you might want to come and join us.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

Does any one know of any good beach spots here on the central coast I live in Gosford ive been out quite a few times with nothing to show for it had a good day the other day with some samon at the entrance but was hoping someone knew of some other good spots what time of the day and what tide is best. Any thing will do im new to the beach fishing thing but i do like it. I wouldnt mind landing a monster dewey.

Putty Beach right up the Eastern end of Kilcare. Called Fishos corner. You may need to buy a NSW National Parks ticket if your there in business hours but I usually fish there after they're home in bed, and having fished it for 20 years free, it's hard to pay. Good catches of tailor on dark from March through Easter. Jew are known to frequent. Have caught some beaut Lizards there as well. Occaisionaly you get monstered by little Bronze Whalers. Plenty of fun to be had down there and the North East wind blows from your back.

Mate, I don't know about Great Whites. My mates and I surfed it for years and me and my father used to deliberately burley up sharks for sport with dehydrated blood from the Abatoirs on a drift from Little Box to Lion Island.

The biggest thing we ever got was a Bronze Whaler that was nearly as big as our 12 ft Quintrex Deluxe. Cured my sea sickness immediatley. Still I suppose that's big enough to bite you. My mates were surfing the Box when we hooked it out in the middle of the bay. They did find a sick and dying baby White Pointer caught up in the mud flats at Gosford a few years back so it had to go in through there but I've never seen a report of anyone catching one from Umina Beach.

I do remember a time in the late 1960's when a large shark caused problems at Umina / Ocean Beach Surf Clubs and my dad and another guy named Ken Nowlands rigged up a 44 gallon drum float with chain and a meat hook baited up with a lump of pork and the whole thing dissappeared. They never found any of it and the shark never came back. Sounds like Jaws I know but it's a true story.

Edited by livo

pearl, putty are two beches definitely worth a go for the jews if you know what you are doing.

great whites on Umina?? Not unreasonable, considering Stockton has them in plentiful supply. BB is full of mullet and salmon at times in biblical proportions. The Juveniles feed on these fish before they learn how to feed on marine mammals.

davo

I do remember a time in the late 1960's when a large shark caused problems at Umina / Ocean Beach Surf Clubs and my dad and another guy named Ken Nowlands rigged up a 44 gallon drum float with chain and a meat hook baited up with a lump of pork and the whole thing dissappeared. They never found any of it and the shark never came back. Sounds like Jaws I know but it's a true story.

Awsome

pearl, putty are two beches definitely worth a go for the jews if you know what you are doing.

I will definatly be checking them out