Help Moving A Saltwater Fishtank

Bayfisher

Hi Guys,

being a fishing site im sure some members have there fair share of fish tanks at home. I was after some advise from members regarding moving a saltwater fish tank. I have been offered a saltwater tank and need to disassemble it and bring it home. I believe that its stocked with fish and some coral life. Any members got some handy tips on moving a fully set up tank with minimal disruption to the fish.

Ive had tanks before but moving a setup tank is worrying me due to the fresh (saltwater) water setup after getting all the equipment home. :wacko:

any advise most welcome.

Regards

Mat

Hi Guys,

being a fishing site im sure some members have there fair share of fish tanks at home. I was after some advise from members regarding moving a saltwater fish tank. I have been offered a saltwater tank and need to disassemble it and bring it home. I believe that its stocked with fish and some coral life. Any members got some handy tips on moving a fully set up tank with minimal disruption to the fish.

Ive had tanks before but moving a setup tank is worrying me due to the fresh (saltwater) water setup after getting all the equipment home. :wacko:

any advise most welcome.

Regards

Mat

Take as much of the water as you can as well. Put it in clean 25 litre drums and then just put it back in when it's in position.

Cheers

Kingpig

Take as much of the water as you can as well. Put it in clean 25 litre drums and then just put it back in when it's in position.

Cheers

Kingpig

Thanks Kingpin yeah have a few of those containers so ill give that ago just have to work out moving the fish

Mat

g'day kingpin

i had to move two tanks about six months ago. all i can say is transport the live rock in the tank water and take every last drop of wayter you passably can with you.

if you havent had a salt water tank before it can be a lot of work setting every thing up but once it is set up they are so easy to look after its not funny

good luck with it its worth it

cheers

T-Man

Would you be able to get in contact with a fish/ aquarium shop and ask if they can hold the fish for you for a short ammount of time whilst you transport the tank, thisway the tank can be emptied out completely.

Never ownd a saltwater tank but that might be an idea.

cheers james

Would you be able to get in contact with a fish/ aquarium shop and ask if they can hold the fish for you for a short ammount of time whilst you transport the tank, thisway the tank can be emptied out completely.

Never ownd a saltwater tank but that might be an idea.

cheers james

Great Idea James, have a few local fish shops so might drop past on the way home to see what i can arrange.

Thanks